Memento Mori Skull Ring
This ethereal Memento Mori skull ring is adorned with rubies and features two guardian serpents on each side of the skull. This ethereal piece was created as a tribute to honor the historical artform of mourning jewelry; the Latin words Memento Mori translate to "we all must die”. A frequently misinterpreted tradition that is often considered to be a dark reminder of our immortal nature, while it is in fact more intended to commemorate and celebrate a life. These sentimental keepsakes help us remember that in the balance of all things, there is always light (life), just as there is dark (death). The beauty of this balance is reflected in each piece of the Memento Mori collection, using common themes such as skulls, flowers, and serpents, which endearingly represent eternal love.
For thousands of years, with its rich fire-like glow and durability the ruby was considered the stone of power, passion and love. This belief still carries over to modern times and the ruby remains one of the most sought after classic gems.
- The skull measures .40" in width and the snake band is approximately .10". Adorned with faceted ruby gemstones.
- Composed of 18K gold plated sterling silver.
Need help finding your ring size?
- Cut a string
- Fold the string around the base of the finger, just below the knuckle.
- Mark where the string ends with the pen.
- Place the measured string on the ruler with the area marked on your right.
- The number closest to the pen mark is the circumference of the ring in millimeters.